Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some answers to common questions. If you need more help please call (801) 274-0225.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- With the most liberal refund policy in Utah, we offer a FULL refund with NO FEES for cancellations made at least 24-hours in advance. If your flight into Salt Lake is cancelled, we will issue a FULL refund even without 24-hours notice. Otherwise, no refunds are issued if your reservation is cancelled within 24 hours of the original scheduled pick-up time.
- How do we find you at the airport?
- There are Alta Shuttle & Canyons Express desks in both bag claim areas. When you arrive at the airport, check in with our representative while you are waiting for your bags. If you are flying on Delta, go to our desk by bag claim #7. If you are flying on any airline besides Delta, go to our desk by bag claim #3.
- How long is the ride between the airport and the ski resorts?
- It takes about 45 minutes under normal conditions to drive between the airport and Alta, Snowbird, or Park City. However, during extreme weather conditions or at the start or end of a busy powder day, the drive can take much longer. We cannot be held responsible for traffic delays, so please plan ahead.
- How much should I tip?
- The standard tipping rules apply. The industry standard is 15-20% of fare, but please tip based on the level of service you receive.
- Do you have car seats?
- We have three different size car seats. As long as you let us know in advance, we will have car seats available for your use free of charge. However, parents are responsible for installation.
- How long is the wait for a SmartShare or Big Picture Rate shared shuttle?
- The average wait time at the airport is about ten minutes. Sometimes you will not wait at all and we will be rushing you to a van that is waiting for you. If there are people arriving just after you, you might have to wait for them. Our company policy is that you will never wait more than 30 minutes once you have you bags.
For shuttles back to the airport, you must be ready at the scheduled time. If the driver has a few stops, you might have to wait 5 to 10 minutes while we pick up other guests.
- What is the difference between a SmartShare or Big Picture Rate shared shuttle ride and a private vehicle?
- If you are on a shared ride, you will be grouped with other passengers who are arriving at about the same time. You will only share rides with other guests who are going to the same area. Taking a shared ride helps everybody by reducing the traffic in the canyon. It also gives you a great opportunity to get ski tips and ideas from other skiers. We are always amazed at how often people on a van have a connection with each other.
If you book a private vehicle, you will not have to wait for other passengers. Also, if you need to make a stop on the way, you will need to book a private vehicle.
- What is the difference between Alta Shuttle and Canyons Express?
- Alta Shuttle's primary mission is to serve Alta! Over the years, more and more people ask us to go to other places. We started Canyons Express as a separate division to serve other areas such as Snowbird and Park City.
® All Rights Reserved 2019
Big Picture Rate
For groups of three or more, we offer an extra discount for you and we also donate two percent of your fare to Friends of Alta!
Please consider the Big Picture when you decide how to get to the mountain.
By booking SmartShare, we can all reduce congestion and pollution, while getting great ski tips from fellow skiers.
ShareShare goes straight to the resorts with no stops along the way.
It is all about the journey and this journey matters!
If you need to stop somewhere along the way, or you just want to get going and not share a ride with others, book a private vehicle.