Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some answers to common questions. If you need more help please call (801) 274-0225.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Full refund with 24 hours notice.
- How do we find you at the airport?
- There are Alta Shuttle desks in both bag claim areas. When you arrive at the airport, check in with our representative while you are waiting for your bags. If you are flying on Delta, go to our desk by bag claim #7. If you are flying on any airline besides Delta, go to our desk by bag claim #3.
- How long is the ride between the airport and the ski resorts?
- It takes about 45 minutes under normal conditions to drive between the airport and Alta, Snowbird, and Park City. However, during extreme weather conditions or at the end of a week-end powder day the drive can take much longer.
- How much should I tip?
- The standard tipping rules apply.
- Do you have car seats?
- We have three different size carseats. As long as you let us know in advance, we will have carseats available for you use.
- How long is the wait for a shared shuttle?
- The average wait time is about ten minutes. Sometimes you will not wait at all and we will be rushing you to a van that is waiting for you. If there are people arriving right after you, you might have to wait for them. Our company policy is that you will never wait more than 30 minutes once you have you bags.
- What is the difference between a shared shuttle ride and a private vehicle?
- If you are on a shared ride, you will be grouped with other passengers who are arriving at about the same time. If you book a private vehicle, you will not have to wait for other passengers.
- Why do some of your vans say Canyons Express?
- Alta Shuttle's primary mission is to serve Alta! Over the years, more and more people ask us to go to other places. We started Canyons Express as a separate division to serve other areas instead of Alta so that we do not sacrifice our service to Alta.
® All Rights Reserved 2019
Big Picture Rate
Please consider the Big Picture when you decide how to get to the mountain.
By booking SmartShare, we can all reduce congestion and pollution, while getting great ski tips from fellow skiers.
ShareShare goes straight to the resorts with no stops along the way.
For groups of three or more, we offer an extra discount for you and we also donate two percent of your fare to Friends of Alta!
It is all about the journey and this journey matters!
If you need to stop somewhere along the way, or you just want to get going and not share a ride with others, book a private vehicle.